Saturday, December 27, 2014

The key that foreign companies invest in Japan?


When I worked for Sony Corporation, I visited London for business with Eriksson mobile. When I finished my job, I and my bosses went to dinner at a Chinese restaurant in London. There, an English guy spoke to us asking “Are you investing in England?”

It was all of a sudden so we did not answer the question as the master of the restaurant immediately took him away from us. But now, we need to invite lots of foreign companies so as to invest in Japan.

What is the key that foreign companies invest in Japan? Is it to make Japanese speak English? No. I don’t think so. Is it to reduce the corporation tax as the PM Shinzo Ame is suggesting? It may be one of the keys but I don’t think that this is the only solutions.

I suppose the key is to reduce regulations imposed by the government that is too much heavy in a foreign country. In Japan, there are still a lot of regulations that prevent foreign companies invest in Japan. We need to break them through.

No comments:

Post a Comment