Friday, March 20, 2015

20 years has passed since sarin attack happened


On this day today of 20 years ago, The Aum Supreme Truth cult made an attack by sarin, which is a colorless, odorless liquid that is used as a chemical weapon owing to its extreme potency as a nerve agent and caused that 13 people died and more than 6,000 injured.

At that time, I was a university student and lived along the Marunouchi Line which was one of the targets of the attack. I used to use Marunouchi Line at Shin Nakano station to the university of Tokyo which locates near Hongo 3 chome sation of Marunouchi Line. The time of attack was morning 8 am. I often got on a train around that time if I had a class in the morning.

However, as school was off at that day due to spring vacation, I had been back to my home town and away from the terror fortunately. I felt scared when I saw the news and received many calls from my friends.

It was a horrible crime and the suspects were arrested and the leaders have already sentenced death penalty including Chizuo Matsumoto, head of the Aum. They deserve death for their sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment