Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The world’s safest city is Tokyo



 According to the Safe Cities Index 2015 of Economist, Tokyo ranks the 1st out of the 50 nominated cities and Osaka ranks the 3rd. Singapore comes to the 2nd. It is understandable as I live in Tokyo. It is actually very safe.

For example, if you forget to bring your bags or even wallet, the possibility that you can get them back is high as long as they are left in a restaurant or shop. A woman can walk alone even midnight as long as the city lights are within reach.

But if you are accustomed to be a Tokyo resident, you tend to be careless when you go abroad. I was told to be careful many times when I visited a foreign country. I sometimes go to bathroom in a restaurant without bringing my bag, which is left on a chair.

Anyway, it is a very honorable stats for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment