Friday, February 20, 2015

Is Tokyo Marathon safe?

Tokyo Marathon will be held on the coming Sundy. I began in 2007 and now is one of the biggest marathon events in the world. Every year, over 300,000 applicants apply for the entry and about 36,000 are chosen by lots.

This year, it is said that over 10,000 personnel including policemen will watch the event for security purpose as the fear of terror is growing after two Japanese hostages were killed by ISIS. The runners will not be allowed to bring plastic beverage bottles and other water containers.

I wonder it is hard and uncomfortable for the runners to participate for the events. I myself will not run at the event. Instead, I will join the campaign for the mayor of Taito-ku (where Asakusa and Kaminari-mon locate) after the runners pass by there.


No comments:

Post a Comment